Since 1959, the Family Guidance Center of Alabama has provided comprehensive family services to help improve the quality of life for the children, couples. and families of our communities. In an effort to recognize the foundation of our communities – the family unit – the Family Guidance Center sponsors the Families of the Year Awards. Families chosen by the Selection Committee will be recognized at an annual Families of the Year Awards Ceremony.
- Family Teamwork- Working together in everyday tasks or special challenges such as family crisis, household chores, and family outings.
- Individual Growth- Helping each other accomplish personal goals in such areas as education, sports, friendship, careers, and special interests.
- Family Involvement- Participation in community activities such as church, volunteering, youth activities, athletics, organizations, or other activities.
Rules of Eligibility:
- Traditional families, step-families, single parent, and adopted families are eligible for nomination;
- Nominated families must live in Central/South Alabama OR the Birmingham area;
- Family members need not live under the same roof, but must function as a family, demonstrating the listed criteria;
- Nominators may nominate only one family per year; and
- Nominated families must agree to the publicity release.
Please CLICK HERE to fill out and submit a Nomination Form for our Annual Families of the Year Award.
Nomination Deadlines: Birmingham Area nominations are due by November 13. Montgomery/Central/South AL nominations are due by September 18.
Thank you to our Sponsors!
|Birmingham Area||Montgomery/Central/South AL|
See a past editiorial on the Families of the Year Awards from our friends at WSFA below: