The Kids and Kin Program has been specifically designed to meet the needs of relative child care providers and to raise their level of awareness about the importance of their roles. Educational workshops, resources, support activities, and a quarterly provider newsletter are offered to relative care providers which impact the quality of child care available in our communities. Kids and Kin includes a Voluntary Certification Program through which providers earn health and safety items, books, and learning materials for attending free training sessions related to quality child care enhancement. Participation in the Kids and Kin Program is free.
The Kids and Kin Program provides services to Relative Child Care Providers in all 67 Alabama counties.
Eligibility Requirements to participate in the Kids and Kin Program:
- Must be at least 19 years old
- Must be providing child care for a grandchild, niece, nephew, or sibling who is not over 12 years of age
- Cannot be the child’s legal guardian or foster parent
- Cannot be a licensed child care provider
Kids & Kin Documents
- October, November, December 2022
- July, August, September 2022
- April, May, June 2022
- January, February, March 2022